Dr. Kassardjian specializes in medical and cosmetic dermatology. Dr. Norma’s expertise lies in Mohs Micrographic Surgery which is a precise technique for the removal of skin cancers followed by the cosmetic repair of the surgical would. She also specializes in Tumescent Liposuction and has performed more than 3,000 surgeries to date.
Being a woman, she understands the challenges that women face as they enter pre-menopausal stages where their faces and bodies change with time and hormonal fluctuations. In this regard, she prefers using non-invasive techniques such as the IPL (Intense Pulse Light) and Fractional Lasers as well as Restylane and Juvederm to minimize the appearance of fine lines and restore volume that is lost with age. She certainly has the experience and an eye for beauty which are necessary to achieve natural and age-appropriate results for facial rejuvenation and body sculpting.
Dr. Norma Kassardjian MD Curriculum Vitae
Norma Kassardjian MD
30280 Rancho Viejo Road
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
(949) 248-1632 FAX: (949) 248-9339
August 20, 1962
Place of Birth:
English, Spanish, French, Armenian, Arabic
|University of California, Irvine||BS||1979-83|
|University of California, Irvine Medical Center||Internal Medicine||1987-88|
|University of California, Irvine Medical Center||Internal Medicine||1988-90|
|Loma Linda University Medical Center||Dermatology||1990-93|
|Loma Linda University Medical Center||Fellowship – Mohs||1993-94|
|University of California, Irvine||Cum Laude||1982-1983|
|University of California, Irvine||Member of Phi-Beta-Kappa||1982-1983|
|University of California, Irvine||“Excellence in Research”||1982-1983|
|Northwestern University||AOA Award for Outstanding|
|Jeffrey Alan Klein, MD||Tumescent Liposuction||1994-1995|
|Lasers:||Ultra Pulse CO2||1995-1996|
|Beckman Laser Institute||Flashlamp Pulse Dye Laser||1994-1995|
|Beckman Laser Institute||ND: Yag Laser||1994-1995|
|Beckman Laser Institute||Q-Switched Luby Laser||1994-1995|
|Beckman Laser Institute||KTP Laser||1994-1995|
- American Board of Dermatology – 1993
- State of California – 1993
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Dermatologic Cosmetic Surgery
- University of California, Irvine – Associate Professor
- Mission Hospital – Mission Viejo, CA
- Hoag Hospital – Newport Beach, CA
- South Coast Hospital – Mission Viejo, CA
- University of California, Irvine – Irvine, CA
- Associate of Jeffrey Alan Klein, MD
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American College of Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Orange County Medical Association (OCMA)
- Orange County Dermatologic Society
- Fakjian, N., Hunter, RJ., Cole, G., Miller, F. An argument for neonatal circumcision: The prevention of balanitis in the adult. The Archives of Dermatology August 1990.
- Fakjian, N., Buckpitt, AR. Metabolism of bromobenzene to glutathione adducts in lung slices from mice treated with pneumotoxicants, Biochemical Pharmacology 33:1479-1486, 1984.
- Fakjian, N., Buckpitt, AR. Effect of treatment with bronchiolar and alveolar cytotoxicants in the formation of bromobenzene-glutathione adducts in lung slices, Toxicologist 3: Abst. 421, 1983.
- Fakjian, N., Bahnson, L., Buckpitt, AR. Species differences in the pulmonary metabolism and toxicity of bromobenzene, Federation Proceedings 44: Abst. 4124, 1985.
- Fakjian, N., Torres, A., Hoffmann, T. Update of OSHA and CLIA regulations for the dermatologic surgeon. Surgical Dermatopathology, Ed. Abel Torres, M.D., and Thomas Hoffmann, M.D., Submitted for publications.
- Kassardjian, N., Klein, JA. Lidocaine Toxicity with Tumescent Liposuction, a case of probable drug interactions. Dermatologic Surgery Journal 24:1169-1174, 1997
- Gross & Microscopic – American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), 1990. The use of the CO2 laser in the ablation of metastatic prostate cancer to the penis.
- Gross & Microscopic – AAD, 1991. B-cell lymphoma presenting as spongiotic dermatitis.
- Gross & Microscopic – AAD, 1992. Mycosis fungoides occurring in a patient previously treated for a large cell (histiocytic) lymphoma.
- Gross & Microscopic – AAD, 1992. Porokeratosis of mibelli resolving with moist gauze occlusion.
- Gross & Microscopic – AAD, 1992. The elusive histopathologic diagnosis of angiosarcoma of the face and scalp.
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery – 1995. Post-operative care for tumescent liposuction.